Training for port logistics specialist (m/f/d), Hamburg
Oiltanking Deutschland has been active in tank storage logistics since 1972, and is one of the largest independent partners of tank terminals for oils and biofuels in Germany. The company owns and operates 11 terminals with a total storage capacity of 2.375 million cbm. They are located all over Germany, primarly in the seaport of Hamburg and along the Rhine. At the tank terminals, Oiltanking Deutschland stores and handles various products for its customers – from gasoline to middle distillates to biofuels. The total throughput of all terminals in 2020 was around 18.2 million tons.
To support our tank terminal in Hamburg, we are looking for you to start on August 1, 2021 as a
Trainee as a Specialist for Port Logistics (m/f/d)
You want to work in a modern profession with future prospects that suits you and is fun at the same time? Do you have good organisational skills and don't want to sit in an office chair all day? Then you've come to the right place! Start your career at Oiltanking Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG.
What we offer you:
- You will learn everything about the handling and storage of goods at our tank farm; this primarily involves petroleum products such as diesel, gas oil and petrol as well as biofuels.
- We teach you about loading and unloading tank trucks, trains and ships - of course, taking into account safety and environmental protection aspects.
- You will also learn how to check and document the quantities and quality of the goods, as well as everything about the care and maintenance of the facilities.
- You will gain insights into technology, scheduling, and administration.
- Basic safety training, fire safety assistant training, and the acquisition of a forklift license are part of your training.
- You take on exciting projects.
You can look forward to:
- 33 paid vacation days per year
- Free beverages
- Free work clothes incl. cleaning
- Christmas and holiday bonus
What you bring with you:
- You have successfully completed your secondary school education with good grades in German, mathematics and English.
- Knowledge of physics and chemistry is advantageous, but not a must.
- You are motivated and dedicated and enjoy physical work (shift work) - including outdoors.
- You are not afraid to use computers and you have a class B driving licence.
- Diligence, reliability and a sense of responsibility are very important to you; this is especially crucial when dealing with hazardous substances.
The training usually takes three years and ends with an examination before the Chamber of Industry and Commerce. The training period can be shortened under certain conditions.
You can access the online form for your application via the job posting on our careers page with the current jobs. Generally, this training position is published at the beginning of the corresponding year. Due to the General Data Protection Regulation, we are unfortunately unable to accept applications sent by any means other than via our job portal pages.