Training for warehouse logistics specialist (m/f/d), Gera
Oiltanking Deutschland has been active in tank storage logistics since 1972, and is one of the largest independent partners of tank terminals for oils and biofuels in Germany. The company owns and operates 11 terminals with a total storage capacity of 2.375 million cbm. They are located all over Germany, primarly in the seaport of Hamburg and along the Rhine. At the tank terminals, Oiltanking Deutschland stores and handles various products for its customers – from gasoline to middle distillates to biofuels. The total throughput of all terminals in 2020 was around 18.2 million tons.
To support our Oiltanking Deutschland tank terminal in Gera, we are looking for you to start on August 1, 2021 as a
Trainee for Warehouse Logistics Specialist (m/f/d)
You would like to work in a modern profession with future prospects that suits you and is fun at the same time? Do you have organisational skills and don't want to sit in an office chair all day? Then you've come to the right place! Start your career at Oiltanking Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG.
What we offer you:
- You will learn everything about the handling and storage of goods at our tank terminal; this primarily involves mineral oil products such as diesel, gas oil and petrol as well as biofuels.
- We teach you about loading and unloading tank trucks and trains, taking safety and environmental protection aspects into account, of course.
- You will also learn how to check and document the quantities and quality of the goods, as well as everything about the care and maintenance of the facilities.
- You will gain insights into technology, scheduling and administration.
- In the course of your training, you will acquire your forklift truck, shunting supervisor and locomotive driver licenses.
- You will take on exciting projects.
What you can look forward to:
- 30 paid vacation days per year
- Free beverages
- Free work clothes incl. cleaning
- Christmas and holiday bonus
What you bring with you:
- You have successfully completed your secondary school education with good grades in mathematics, chemistry and English.
- You are motivated and dedicated and enjoy physical work (shift work) - including outdoors.
- You are not afraid to work with computers and have a class B driving licence.
- Diligence, reliability and a sense of responsibility are very important to you; this is crucial especially when dealing with hazardous substances.
The training usually takes three years and ends with an examination before the Chamber of Industry and Commerce. It is possible to shorten the training period under certain conditions.
You can access the online form for your application via the job posting on our careers page with the current jobs. Generally, this training position is published at the beginning of the corresponding year. Due to the General Data Protection Regulation, we are unfortunately unable to accept applications sent by any means other than via our job portal pages.